If you’re looking to update your kitchen’s look without completely rebuilding it, there are a few simple ways to go about it. One option is to freshen up the doors, frames, and hardware with a new coat of paint. Alternatively, you can try out new cabinet hardware or finish the cabinets in a different color altogether. If you’re feeling ambitious, you could even go all-out and remodel the entire kitchen. In this article, we inform you how to make oak kitchen cabinets look modern, there are some easy steps for doing that job.
Repaint The Oak Cabinets
Oak cabinets are a popular kitchen choice because of their natural beauty and durability. While they may seem dated, there are ways to modernize them and make them look like a million bucks. All you need is a little paint and some imagination!
First, take everything out of them and give them a good cleaning. Next, tape off any areas that you don’t want to be painted and begin painting the cabinet doors and frames with a primer. Once the primer has dried, use spray paint in your desired color to finish them off.
If you want to add extra detail, consider using a different color for the cabinet knobs and drawer pulls. This small change can make a big impact on the overall.
Lastly, install new hardware such as hinges and drawer slides to complete the transformation.
Restain The Oak Cabinets
The natural color of oak cabinets can be a little too dark for some people’s tastes. If you would like to lighten up, consider restaining them a lighter color. This is a fairly simple process that can be completed in just a few hours.
The first step is to remove all of the cabinet hardware. Next, use a sandpaper block to lightly sand the surface of the cabinets. Be sure to wear gloves and goggles for this step, as wood dust can be harmful to your eyes and skin. Then, wipe down them with a damp cloth to remove any dust or debris.
Next, apply the stain using a foam brush. Be sure to wear gloves and work in a well-ventilated area. Allow the stain to dry completely, then apply a coat of polyurethane sealer.
Make (Or Acquire) A Two-toned Oak Cupboard
Adding a two-toned effect to them can give them a modern look. If you don’t want to paint them, you can buy or make a cupboard with a two-tone effect.
Here are some tips for making it modern:
1. Paint the top of the cabinets a different color than the bottom. This will create visual contrast and make them look more stylish.
2. Add molding or trim to the top of the cabinets to add interest and highlight the difference in colors.
3. Use a light color on the top of the cabinets and a darker color on the bottom. This will also create contrast and make your kitchen look more stylish.
Paint The Kitchen Area Walls
- If your kitchen has oak cabinets and you want to give it a more modern look, there are a few things you can do. One option is to paint the kitchen area walls a different color than the cabinets. This will help to create a contrast and make the cabinets look more modern.
- Another option is to give them a new finish. There are a number of different finishes that can give oak cabinets a more modern look, such as white paint, black paint, or wood stain.
- You can also update the hardware on the cabinets. This includes the knobs and pulls on the cabinet doors and drawers. There are many different styles of hardware available that can give your kitchen a more modern look.
- Finally, you can reorganize the layout of your kitchen.
Change The Cabinet Hardware
If you’ve got oak cabinets and you’re looking for a way to make them look modern, consider changing the cabinet hardware. Hardware is a great way to update the look of your cabinets without spending a lot of money. There are lots of different types of hardware available, so you can find something that will match the style of your cookhouse.
If your cabinets are old and outdated, changing the hardware may not be enough to make them look modern. In that case, you may want to consider painting or refinishing them. A coat of paint can go a long way in updating the look of your cookhouse.
If you’re not sure how to change the cabinet hardware, there are plenty of tutorials online that can help you out. It’s a simple process, and it’s well worth it to update the look of your kitchen.
Replace The Backsplash
Replacing your kitchen backsplash is a great way to update your look without spending a lot of money. There are many different materials you can use, so it’s easy to find something that will fit your style. If you want to make it modern, consider using a glass or stainless steel backsplash.
Glass is a popular choice because it’s durable and easy to clean. You can buy premade glass tiles or sheets, or you can get creative and make your own design. Stainless steel is another good option for a modern look. It’s sleek and shiny, and it doesn’t show dirt and fingerprints as some other materials do.
If you decide to go with a tile backsplash, there are many different colors and styles to choose from.
When it comes to renovating your cookhouse, there are many different directions you can go. You could choose to update the cabinets by painting them a new color, or you could add new hardware to give them a more modern look. If they are made from oak, however, you may be wondering how to make them look more contemporary. Here are a few tips:
- Try staining the cabinets in darker colors. This can help to give them a more modern appearance.
- Add new hardware, such as cabinet knobs or pulls in a sleek design.
- Replace the cabinet doors with doors that have a more contemporary style.
- Install new countertops that have a modern look and feel.
- Consider using open shelving instead of traditional cabinets. This can also give your kitchen a more modern appearance.